Monday 13 April 2015

Quentin Hair Designs

Idea No 1. - FINAL IDEA
My first idea is a very simple take on the 1950's greaser boy look and would be good as my model has shorter hair than I would have liked due to him getting a hair cut just before! Regardless I was able to still come up with a hair design that would suit the look of my character but also work with my model, for this look the hair is slicked backwards to one side so that it is visibly wet looking. This means I am still able to include the 'greaser' elements in the hair design. The main focus of this look will be on the beard and moustache which I am going to comb through to thicken and then style with wax and spray so that the moustache curls upwards to reflect a smile. This is classic of the 'greaser look' but also compliments the clown makeup that will feature on my model and is the main concept of the whole character.
Idea No 2.
My second hair design for Quentin would be ideal if my models hair was slightly longer on top as it would allow me to mould the hair backwards into a conventional Rockerbilly/greaser style. The moustache has been left out of this design as there would be a flick in the hair however the beard remains neatly brushed and puffed outwards. This hairstyle is very classic of the era however as my model cut his hair it would be difficult to achieve the flick at the front.
Idea No 3.
The final hair design is a classic take on the vintage pompadour with all the hair being slicked to the back of the head, it is however given some volume by combing the two sides to overlap one another. This hairstyle would be perfect if my model had longer hair, this design also features the styling of the moustache as the hair is all pulled backwards it adds an extra element to the look and again allows the models hair to mimic the clown look further. Through experimenting with how to style the beard I definitely think that curling up the moustache is the way to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment