Monday 30 March 2015

Developing Clown Makeup

For my Quentin character I am focusing on the concept of clown makeup with the theme of the face. Personally I have a slight fascination with clowns, not necessarily finding them scary but rather fascinating to look at as it creates a complete concept of disturbia to so many people simply because the methods we use to recognise a face are altered through the painting of expression. For my Quentin character the concept of the clown is going to be interesting both to research and design as there are so many different ways of creating a clown makeup look. The images below are part of some experimentation that I did within my spare time, playing around with colour combinations and styling of the makeup design. From this experimentation I like who the yellow works as a highlight on the brow bone and also the use of the line for which I used a very thin paint brush and light flicking motions to create a rough but thin line. Clown makeup is known for the white face and for this makeup look I chose to cover my whole face with a white foundation, however I do not think that this will be appropriate for my final Quentin look as I wanted the makeup to be less polished and more grungy.
Images taken on my terrible quality camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment