Tuesday 10 March 2015

Estella Hair Practice (2nd Attempt)

My second attempt at creating the hair style for my Estella character was significantly more successful that the first in regards to creating a realistic hairstyle and appropriately concealing the red hair that lay underneath the extensions. In addition to this I feel that the overall neatness of the braids was much improved and you can actually see the basket weave of the hair, I achieved this by washing the hair extensions and leaving them in a conditioning treatment overnight to smooth out the follicles.   Because the hair was in a better condition I was able to smooth the hair over the back of the head and therefore show more hair. This looked significantly better as the lace became more of an accent as opposed to wrapping and concealing all the hair. Furthermore instead of created a bun I opted to plait the hair at the back of the head into two separate braids and twist them around one another to form a decorative bun. This is most definitely the style that i shall use within my final assessment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment